Finding purpose in your second act can be a daunting task. I recently sat down with George Mowrer, a Certified Retirement Coach, to discuss how he is working with individuals and couples to define their identity and find meaning and happiness in retirement.
In this episode, George reveals a simple structure for to evaluating what’s important, regardless of whether we are nearing retirement or just starting our careers. He shared five questions we should be asking ourselves and how our answers can frame next steps:
- What do you truly value and what do you want to value?
- Who do you want to become in your next chapter?
- What are your “next time” goals? What are the things in your life you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t done yet?
- How are your relationships (spouse, family, friends) and what are you doing to improve them?
- How is your physical and mental health?